Tuesday 27 March 2012

Light A Fire.

I've just bought an Amazon Kindle.
'Where are the instructions?' I thought.
Don't need them. Just turn it on and it walks you all the way to the shops. All you need are an Amazon account and wifi.
Pretty common things to own these days, and if you don't, you can start an account from the Kindle, and presumably use your computer via the USB cable.

Within 15 minutes, I was spellbound; Aristotle's Ethics on the Kindle while Bach plays in the background on my main system. Ambient enlightenment music for the originator of the Enlightenment.

The Kindle is high quality, and works easily and well. I was especially impressed with the breadth of the suggested titles in my shop; these included technical works, and it is easy to imagine using a Kindle at work as an entire reference library.

Very impressive, I'm very satisfied. Well done Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment